Improve Your Digestive System: Our wellbeing highly depends on the healthy digestive system. We feel good and fit when our intestines efficiently fulfill all of their duties. By good digestion, we don’t necessarily mean food. It is important to digest everything that we are feeding our bodies with. Surprisingly, even bad thoughts and bad moods can affect a bowel system as much as the consumption of bad foods. Bad digestion can be of a shorter while, or a prolonged scenario of stomachache, nausea, and inflammation. All of these issues can be resolved by making a few simple changes in your life. If the described problem is your concern, read along to follow the topic and find the cure. This is article is all about how to Improve Your Digestive System.
Improving your digestion in 5 steps
A bad stomach can ruin your mood for the rest of the day. You will feel down and not in the mood to work if your stomach is aching. There could be single or plenty of reasons why you suffer from bad digestion symptoms. Let’s go through a list of good habits that can help you overcome digestion problems and help you find out what you’ve been doing wrong.
- Follow the right diet
- Speaking about digestion problems, how could we miss an important role that food and a healthy diet play in the process? That is simply impossible. Once the food is consumed, it is then digested within digestive tracks with the help of digestive enzymes or juices. These digestive enzymes are deterred when we follow bad eating habits, meaning an unhealthy diet and consumption of junk food. Nowadays people are used to western cuisine that is full of carbs, saturated fats, and sugars. The consistency in the consumption of such products can increase the level of gut inflammation, resulting in a chronic disorder known as leaky gut.
- Avoid processed foods, as Trans fats found in those can put you under the risk of having a heart disease. Even those healthy-looking artificial sweeteners, slimming drinks, and a “light” diary can be harmful to your digestive system.
- Eat real foods, green leafy vegetables, fibrous fruits, and whole foods, which are responsible for improving your digestion.
- whole grains
- fruits and vegetable
- Try adding fermented foods, such as yogurt and probiotic drinks to your daily diet. Why not try a new fermented drink, Kombucha that is known to be good for gut health.
- Drink plenty of water
- Water is not only responsible for satisfying your trenching thirst but also plays a significant role in removing toxins from your body. A person who drinks an average of 8-10 glasses of water a day, would probably be able to easily flush out most of the unhealthy toxins. In fact, men and women respectively should have 3.7 to 2.7 liters of water per day.
- Apart from regular water, you can also consume other caffeine-free drinks throughout your day. Add some lemon to your water and enjoy a healthy and hydrating drink at work.
- If you suffer from severe abdominal problems, try consuming warm water and avoid drinking very cold water, as it can have a bad influence on your already weak digestive system. This article is all about the main steps for how to Improve Your Digestive System.
- Move your body a little
- Even a few minutes of brisk walking a day can help reduce your problems related to indigestion and gastritis. Go for a quick walk when your stomach feels uncomfortable. Walking can easily reduce inflammatory bowel problems or chronic gut-related problems.
- Go for a cycling trip or move your body on a regular basis with a dose of light exercises every morning.
- Try brisk walking after every meal. In fact, a 15- minute walk after having your meal can be more beneficial than a 45- minute walk in the morning.
- Manage your stress well
- As discussed at the beginning, our body not only consumes food itself, it also digests all kinds of emotions, feelings, and mood swings. Saying that, if you are stressed and dealing with constant pressure, it all can affect your bowel system with no doubt. That’s why it is necessary to let yourself relax a little. This step has detailed information about how to Improve Your Digestive System.
- Your gut system and brain are interconnected- when going through very stressful situations, blood and energy deviate from our digestive system, which can cause irritation and bloated stomach.
- Try meditation or yoga for managing your stress better and reducing it. A few breathing exercises and power yoga can help you bring back your digestive fire or ‘agnee’.
- Follow these good habits
Here are a few lifestyle changes that you can implement into your daily routine. Some bad habits may be responsible for your stomach and digestion-related issues.
- Eat only when you are hungry. When your stomach is empty, your enzymes work much faster. Unnecessary snacking can leave you bloated and heavy at the stomach.
Eat slowly. Remember how our mothers used to say ‘chew and eat’? The mantra is still the same. When we don’t chew our food, our stomach has to do the job that our teeth usually do.
- Choose fresh food. When you don’t consume fresh food, you will never feel fresh, simple as that. Try avoiding packed frozen food and cook something fresh instead. Switch to organic food instead of the conventional one. Such products are usually grown locally and available fresh, straight out of the farm. Even for your regular chapattis, try putting an extra effort in kneading a fresh batch of dough every morning. If you are looking for an article “how to Improve Your Digestive System” then you are in the right place.
- Drink ginger tea. Ginger is widely known for its benefits for our digestive system. For an instant ginger tea, boil some water and add a few pieces of ginger to it. Drink it hot and you will notice improvements to your digestive system in no time.
The final takeaway
“A sound body is home to a sound mind”. Saying that, when your body is not free from its excess toxic substances every day, then your mind is not able to function as properly as it should be. We understand the undeniable responsibilities of today’s lifestyle, so don’t let your intestines lower your performance and abilities. If you are looking for some article which helps you how to Improve Your Digestive System then Healthgardeners is best for you.